Fairy Meadows Ski Trip
March 13-20, 1999
About the photos
Steve Oder and Bryan Rhodes
both provided diskettes of their photos which were included with the processing,
so many of the pictures are theirs. Linda McVetty provided color copies
of a few prints and Russ Coombs sent some prints, any of these used were
scanned on a flatbed scanner. I have combined several photos per page
and in order to conserve disk space and still provide so many photos online
I have reduced the photo size and used a high compression on the final
jpeg images. All resulting loss of quality is due to this work done on
my computer - the original photos were generally very good. The categories
are in some cases arbitrary, with some photos fitting into more than one.
Decisions on which to put them under were mine.
For those of us who were there the pictures will hopefully spark some
clearer images from our memory. For anyone not there, well you have to
go on such a trip yourself to fully appreciate it - of course!
Click on the red dot to view a particular photo panel.
- A Panorama of the Mt Quadrant ridge in the Gothics
- Views of and across the Granite Glacier
- The route to Friendship Col
- A couple views of good skiing terrain near the hut
- A couple good overviews from the helicopter
- Jumping a boulder on the practice slopes (Glacial moraine)
- Some skiing shots on and above the "practice slopes"
- The "Huckfest"
- A couple shots showing the location of the hut, and weather typical
of our week there.
- The namesake windvane and ACC banner.
- A few shots of the inside.
- A few shots of the outside.
- A few views from right outside.
- The roof clearing operation
Helicopter Trip In/Out Photos
- At the hut landing zone.
- The A-Star at the Donald staging area.
- The larger Bell at the hanger.
Photos and Comments from other groups/trips
- Where the !*?%^& are we?
- Jim Dagata and Chris Ward
- Jesse and Russ Coombs
- Steve "Manly Man" Oder
- A couple shots of most of the group inside
- Steve Adamson
- A few misc shots
There have been two more Fairy Meadows trips since 1999, each with a photo gallery:
Paul took these photos on a previous trip
- FM1: View looking west from the hut.
- FM2: Opposite view from FM1. The hut is a
tiny white speck in the sparsely wooded hill below and left of center.
- FM3: Practice slopes.
few summer photos from July 31, 1999 when we passed through from